SO WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
I was nominated by Ashleigh @ Ashleigh Jayne Reads. She’s a very sweet lady with a lot of energy and a friendly smile for all (even if it is only virtual).
WHY DID YOU START BLOGGING?
I started this blog for selfish reasons. I became good friends with indie author Sherry Rentschler and became her PA. I needed a place to share about her work, but I didn’t want it to be just about her. Through her, I started to meet more indie authors. They really have an uphill battle, and I’ve always loved rooting for the underdog. So I used my blog as a platform to help with promotion. Now it has become so much more. It’s almost like a calling card or a passkey into a great club. I have met some great authors and bloggers.
2. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE THING TO BLOG ABOUT?
Meeting people and helping indie authors. I read both traditional and non-traditional authors, but there’s something so grassroots-activism about reviewing an indie author. It gives me the confidence to go for my dreams.
3. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK AND WHY?
TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD. I think this is one of those books that can teach you everything you need to know about how to get along in life. I taught this book in various forms for twelve years. Those were always my favorite lessons.
4. IF YOU COULD MEET A CHARACTER FROM A BOOK WHO WOULD IT BE?
There are a lot. Going along with the previous question, Atticus Finch. I don’t think there would be much conversation but it would be powerful. From a more recent book, Cara Devon from the ARTIFACT HUNTERS by A.W. Exley
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE FOOD AND DRINK?
Coke, for sure, and as far as food goes, there’s not much I don’t like.
6. IF YOU COULD VISIT ANY PLACE WHERE WOULD IT BE?
Stonehenge on the Solstice.
7. IF YOU HAD A CHANCE TO MEET YOUR FAVOURITE AUTHOR WHO WOULD IT BE AND WHY?
Again, there are a lot. Since I started blogging, I’ve actually met a few, which is always great. Maybe Michael Garland who wrote the Miss Smith series.
8. IF YOU WHERE TO WRITE YOUR OWN NOVEL WHAT GENRE WOULD IT BE?
I’m actually working on a historical fiction book.
9. WHAT GENRE DO YOU NOT LIKE AND WHY?
Cookbooks- I don’t like following recipes. I like to just experiment and see what happens. I think cooking books create too high expectations.
10. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN BLOGGING FOR AND WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START?
For about a year and a half and see the answer for #1
11. WHAT IS YOU FAVOURITE THING TO POST ABOUT?
Interviews. I need to do more of them. It fascinates me to see how other people think and what they experience.
Now I nominate the following bloggers. Please answer the eleven questions I did and the nominate some more bloggers. If you don’t know eleven, don’t worry.
Connie @ Lucky 13 Book Reviews